To create a platform for their product team to write test cases that supports readable plain text and provision to run it in a DevOps environment.
To develop an automation test suite to reduce the regression testing time and support continuous integration/deployment.
Riverstone team has developed a flexible automation framework that connected with Xray, an online test management tool to automatically download the test cases and run them as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
Created unique users with Token Authentication access to all actions in API with an encrypted private key
Generated test results in HTML format
Our solution included the following stack:
- Karate DSL (Domain Specific Language) for the BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) type test creation without creating step definitions
- Java classes to authenticate and download the test from Xray using the curl API
- UUID (Universally Unique Identifiers) package to generate the unique codes for user creation
- JWT (JSON Web Token) generator package and method to generate tokens & to authenticate application by automated test cases
- Generated HTML type test reports